Courtyard and Gardens

Hermann-Grima Courtyard and Gardens

Open-Hearth Kitchen, Main Courtyard and Parterre Gardens

The people of the Hermann-Grima property would have converged in the 1830s open-hearth kitchen, just off the main courtyard.  Enslaved workers prepared countless meals, washed laundry and tended the gardens.  Restored to the 1831 plan, the parterre gardens feature a variety of citrus and fig, pineapple, pomegranate, pear trees.  Our heritage roses and period camellias offer a “ribbon of color” in the gardens.

Click on the background image to close this window.

Recent Posts